Thinking ecologically. Acting economically.
It goes without saying that Pöppelmann embraces responsibility – for over 30 years, we have been harmonising ecological thinking and economic business, from conscious development all the way to environmentally friendly production. Pöppelmann is also expressly committed to upholding the GKV Code of Conduct for the plastics processing industry.
Our compliance approach
- Our own code of conduct for Germany, USA, France, UK and China
- Investment guideline
- Privacy guidelines in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- IT security guidelines
- Travel risk management
- Customs/foreign trade guideline
Risk management is a significant part of business. The term refers to the identification, assessment and management of all risks that affect sustainable business performance, taking into account the complex reciprocal effects between individual risks and the resulting risk-mitigating measures.
To prevent all possible risks, the development of a comprehensive compliance training concept is planned for all employees. This is to be developed in collaboration with the management in order to provide our colleagues with a clear framework for action.
Further development and professionalisation
With the increasing regulation and internationalisation of our business, demands on our compliance management system also grow. We also need to consider the legal situation in other countries where we operate. We see this as an opportunity to extend and professionalise our approach.
In this regard, we plan to introduce a global, multilingual compliance organisation for all business units in the next few years. We also want to integrate other topics in the existing framework and develop our compliance management further. This includes the following activities:
- Integration of compliance and corporate social responsibility (CSR) in the PPx management system
- Regulation of all donations (gifts, invitations, sponsors, etc.)
- Publication of compliance manual
- Introduction of a separate module for customs and foreign trade
- Introduction of an Internal Tax Control Framework (ICF) for tax compliance
We have a zero tolerance policy to rule violations. All violations will be prosecuted in a uniform, consistent manner. To ensure this, all employees, customers, suppliers, service providers and external stakeholders have the opportunity to notify us of such violations via various channels.
We have not registered any legal violations to date and have passed all relevant audits. The aim of maintaining this status quo continues to motivate us every day.
Right from the start – conscious development:
- We analyse the life cycle of our products under consideration of ecological aspects.
- We exploit all opportunities to save material and use recyclable resources.
- We always endeavour to achieve the best possible ecological compatibility.
Less is more – eco-friendly production:
- We uphold the use of innovative heating, cooling and drive technology, as well as energy-efficient lighting and IT.
- Our cooling water is processed several times.
- We avoid waste wherever possible.
- We manufacture our products without harmful emissions.
Clear rules for responsible company management.
Pöppelmann is expressly committed to the GKV Code of Conduct for the plastics processing industry. This is a voluntary agreement through which the member companies aim to ensure compliance with global efforts to encourage ethical and moral business. This also means that we abide by the law, uphold principles of fair competition and are a reliable partner. In addition, we promote the fair and sustainable treatment of clients, suppliers and employees.